The Top 7 Best Tips On How To Write A Winning Dissertation
A winning dissertation can be written only when you are passionate for writing. If you have already written on a variety of topics and no topic seems unknown to you, writing becomes automatic, however it can become a long and drawn out affair if the subject is unknown and you find difficulties with your thinking process.
Follow 7 pertinent tips and write a winning dissertation-
- Mind your data: Systematize your data and prevent frustrating hours. Write key terms and the names of author on different cards to keep a track on what lies where. Apart from that there is a number of software that you can use to keep a track of all the information you have assimilated for your thesis.
- Formulate a plan and stick strictly with it: Dissertation college students are usually overscheduled and they have to bear lot many responsibilities in terms of their own health, family and their career. Hence, it is mandatory that you seek a well thought out plan for every day and week and make a transition thereby. Be disciplined and do not get swayed by your thought process or emotions. Set a timeline for realistic and tangible goals. Prepare everyday writing plan early morning.
- Isolate yourself when engaged in dissertation writing procedure: You are easy to get distracted with applications like Facebook, Whatsup, Youtube , Twitter, applications. Use internet connection only for conducting the research work. Phones and television programs are also a huge time wasters. Find a right place for your dissertation.
- Build a self support system for yourself: If you can find a place where most of the people are engaged in some productive work and carrying their writing part of research work, it can serve as a great booster. Even if you take break, you are bound to come back on time.
- Do justice to your health: Exercise often, take plenty of fluids and salad items. Go for morning walk and stretch yourself often to keep your body invigorated. And yes, proper sleep and rest are mandatory too.
- Writing strategies: Write first and revise later. Perfectionism at early stage can be your greatest enemy spoiling your writing speed. Write in steps and fill the gaps later. Make writing an integral part of your life. Keep writing rough drafts and revise later. Follow a mind map and go with the coherent flow of writing. Go for regular feedback.
- Attain smaller objectives: Go out of order and try to attain smaller objectives. Complete dissertation in smaller parts, chapters and subsections. Track your progress. Take smaller breaks. Keep your place uncluttered and reward yourself to stay motivated.